thyssenkrupp Steel Europe AG
47166 Duisburg, Germany
+49 (0)203 52-0
Follow us on
Innovations for a sustainable mobility
More environmental protection, more safety and cost efficiency are important issues in the automotive industry. As a long-standing partner, the steel business of thyssenkrupp understands these requirements and provides comprehensive industry-specific expertise with regard to material as well as technology.
Whether autobody, chassis or powertrain – we support car manufacturers worldwide in the construction of lightweight, safe and affordable vehicles. For instance:
- with high-grade flat steel products and premium surfaces for the outer skin of the autobody (e.g. primetex®)
- with high-strength and ultra high-strength lightweight steel materials for safety-relevant structural components
- with innovative hybrid materials for an even higher weight reduction
- with non-grain-oriented electrical steel strip for hybrid or electric drive systems
- with our innovative manufacturing process smartform® for high-strength cold-formed parts
Also the manufacturers of commercial vehicles benefit from the know-how of the steel business of thyssenkrupp. Suited for the production of trucks are, among other things, our hot-rolled products of the perform® family as well as innovative scalur® steel grades with particularly tight tolerances and a minimum thickness. For trailer bodies, the high-quality, organic strip-coated metal sheet pladur® allows for a broad scope for design.
You might also be interested in