Berlin, we were there!
At CWIEME, the venue for transformer, electric motor and power generation industries in Europe, the Business Unit Electrical Steel and the Automotive sales unit of thyssenkrupp Steel were of course, not fail to be present.
Our powercore® electrical steel is an indispensable base material for the energy and mobility transition:
- In wind turbine generators, it reliably converts mechanical energy into electricity.
- In transformers, it enables the efficient transport and supply of energy.
- In electric motors, it provides the cost-efficient drive.
The electrical steel specialists of Gelsenkirchen-based Electrical Steel, an international premium manufacturer of grain-oriented (GO) electrical steel products and market leader in Europe, presented new products and services:
- Top grades: Technologically sophisticated top powercore® grades, which are characterized by particularly low core losses and thus achieve high efficiencies in current conversion. The ultra-thin electrical steel, no thicker than 0.23 mm, is used primarily in modern high-efficiency and low-noise transformers.
- inTrafo software: New software solution for designing and optimizing transformer cores according to IEC standards and global efficiency regulations. The software enables the calculation of the transformer core using different grain-oriented electrical steel grades in the same core. The result: best and most cost-effective core material combination to minimize no-load losses.
- Innovative powercore® Rotate grades: Grain-oriented electrical steel for high-efficiency electric motors and generators. New drive concepts for e-vehicles, such as axial flux motors made from powercore® Rotate material, can increase power density and thus achieve greater vehicle range.
The automotive experts from the Duisburg-based company are getting e-mobility going and presented the non-grain-oriented (NO) powercore® Traction electrical steel: grades specially developed and optimized to meet the requirements of highly efficient and powerful e-drives for long ranges and maximum vehicle dynamics.
Furthermore, we presented our CO2-reduced electrical steel bluemint® Steel powercore® at the Coil Winding Expo in Berlin and showed where the material is already being used. As a pioneer in the energy transition, thyssenkrupp Steel aims to produce 3 million metric tons of CO2-reduced steel per year from 2030 on. We plan to make steel production completely climate-neutral by 2045. bluemint® Steel was launched in October 2021 and is the first CO2-reduced product.
CWIEME 2022 in Berlin
The international exhibition and conference for coil winding, insulation and electrical manufacturing will be hosted in Berlin from May 10-12. With more than 600 exhibitors from 40 countries, CWIEME is the largest and most comprehensive trade fair of its kind. Held annually at Messe Berlin, it is where representatives of the transformer, electric motor and power generation industries from all over Europe meet. The fair brings dealers and suppliers together and showcases the latest machinery, products, services and equipment from renowned manufacturers around the world. A number of conferences, presentations and demonstrations of new equipment and processes will take place on the sidelines of the trade fair.
The CWIEME 2022 in figures:
- About 600 exihibitors from 40 countries
- Almost 7,000 trade visitors are expected
- May 10 to 12, 2022
- Messegelände Berlin, Südeingang (Berlin Exhibition Grounds, South Entrance).
- Tuesday – Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Click here for the official CWIEME site: https://www.coilwindingexpo.com/BERLIN