Our company policy on quality, environment, energy and occupational health and safety
thyssenkrupp Hohenlimburg GmbH is aware of its responsibility to operate sustainably, meet customer requirements, safeguard jobs, ensure the health and safety of employees and protect the environment and climate.
Occupational safety, fire safety, environmental and climate protection and the efficient use of natural resources are just as important elements of management as the goal of producing and selling high-quality products cost-efficiently to meet individual customer requirements.
The business model of thyssenkrupp Hohenlimburg GmbH is based on the need to supply products that are better than those of competitors so that the price level we demand is justified. Our products are only better when their properties are consistently within narrow tolerance bands, ensuring that customer requirements are met in full. To this end we work constantly to improve our process controls. Error prevention and the pursuit of a zero defects strategy are fundamental components of our quality policy. Technical advances, innovative materials and stable processes ensure the success of our company.
The management is committed to compliance with all legal requirements. We are also aware that we are a part of society. We address issues raised by stakeholders, develop measures to deal with them and stick to our commitments.
The impacts of our activities on the local environment are monitored and assessed. The health & safety aspects, environmental impacts and energy efficiency of every new activity and process are assessed in advance. Processes and procedures are implemented taking account of the safety & health of employees and on the basis of eco-friendly technologies, subject to their economic viability. This also includes supporting the purchase of energy-efficient products and services.
The aim is to reduce energy consumption long term, use energy sparingly and increase energy efficiency in a continuous improvement process. The information and tools needed to achieve our operational and strategic energy targets are made available. They are constantly reviewed, evaluated and improved as necessary. We also review regularly whether the necessary financial and structural prerequisites are in place to enable us to achieve our set targets.
The necessary measures are taken to minimize impacts on employees and the environment. Conserving resources such as raw materials, energy and water, and protecting the environment are key aspects in this. Procedures are implemented to ensure that the effects of any operational disruptions are kept to a minimum and that the responsible authorities and the public are informed without delay.
thyssenkrupp Hohenlimburg GmbH welcomes open dialogue with the public at all times. We advise our customers appropriately on aspects relating to the handling, use and recyclability of our products. Precautions are taken to ensure that contractual partners of the company apply the same standards as thyssenkrupp Hohenlimburg GmbH when working on our premises.
thyssenkrupp Hohenlimburg GmbH has implemented a management system to realize and secure these objectives. It is systematically applied, reviewed, enhanced and modified in line with changing circumstances to ensure continuous improvement in environmental protection, health & safety and energy efficiency. Nationally and internationally recognized standards provide the framework for this continuous improvement process in the areas of occupational safety, fire safety, environmental and climate protection and energy management.
The experience and knowledge of employees are vital to this continuous improvement process. thyssenkrupp Hohenlimburg GmbH therefore supports employee initiatives and improvement suggestions that can help achieve the company’s goals.
The company’s policy is defined by the management and is subject to regular internal and external reviews and modified as necessary. The company’s employees have a right to participate in the formulation of policy and goals via their representative bodies. All company employees and all individuals who work on behalf of thyssenkrupp Hohenlimburg GmbH are made aware of the policy in appropriate form.
The management is committed to compliance with all legal and other requirements.
The policy is expressed concisely in the following guiding principles.
thyssenkrupp Hohenlimburg GmbH acts in accordance with the following principles:
Our company policy as a pdf file
- We supply our customers with reliable, high-quality and eco-friendly products.
- We strive to find energy-efficient solutions for our products and their use.
- Health & safety, environmental and climate protection, energy conservation and fire prevention are essential elements of our corporate governance and make an important contribution to the company’s success.
- Our machinery and equipment must not present any risk to people or the environment; the safety and health of our employees are paramount.
- We minimize the impact of our production processes on the environment and climate as far as possible.
- We provide our employees with ongoing training, raising awareness of health & safety, fire safety, energy conservation and environmental and climate protection issues and ensuring the highest possible quality standards to meet customer requirements in the best possible way.
- We use natural resources as sparingly as possible. Every employee is obligated to act in an energy- and environmentally-conscious manner.
- We focus on optimum and efficient use of energy in all plants and departments.
- We comply with laws, rules and regulatory requirements as minimum standards at all times and are mindful of the expectations of stakeholders. Where binding obligations exist vis-à-vis these stakeholders, we observe them accordingly.
- We regularly set ourselves improvement targets and evaluate target achievement on an annual basis. Employees are involved in this process.
- We work together with the employers’ accident insurance association, public authorities, insurance companies, and technical and scientific institutions to implement health & safety, fire safety, energy conservation and environmental and climate protection requirements and to use natural resources sparingly.
- We use organizational and technical resources to monitor compliance with these guiding principles and consistently enhance our performance in a continuous improvement process.